MAPW - Admission Requirements
Applicants submit the following to the Office of Graduate Admissions, Kennesaw State University, 3391 Town Point Drive MD #9101, Kennesaw, GA 30144-5591 or email email@example.com by February 1st (Priority deadline for GTAs) and June 1st Final deadline) for fall semester. Apply by October 1st to begin spring semester.
- A completed application form
- Official transcript of your baccalaureate degree (and master's degree, if you have one) sent directly from the institution (s) you attended
- A statement of intent that examines your goals as a prospective student in the MAPW program and a rationale for your choice of concentration and support area
- One copy of representative writing samples from both your concentration and support area, not to exceed 25 double-spaced pages
- Up to three letters of recommendation
All applications must be accompanied by a nonrefundable $60.00 application processing fee. Make checks payable to Kennesaw State University.
If you have questions for Graduate Admissions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proof of your having received the baccalaureate degree should be on the transcript.
Additional Admission Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 3.0 grade point average (GPA)
- GRE scores of:
The GRE website is www.gre.org or contact Prometric Services 1-443-751-4820 or 1-800-473-2255 for test locations. The school code for Kennesaw State University is 5359.
- a minimum quantitative score of 400 (or 140 New Revised Test);
- a minimum verbal score of 520 (or 154 New Revised Test); and
- a minimum analytic writing score of 4.5.
We waive the GRE requirement for applicants who have earned a Master’s or PhD from an accredited institution with at least a 3.0 GPA and for those applying to our certificate options.
- Writing samples that reveal that the applicant is capable of completing graduate-level courses successfully.